Puget Sound Recreational Crab Season
The Puget Sound summer crab fishing season starts today!
Marine Areas scheduled to open:
- Marine Area 4,5,6,8-1,8-2 and 9: Open July 2-Sept. 7, Thursday-Monday
- Marine Area 7 South: Open July 16-Sept. 28, Thursday-Monday
- Marine Area 7 North: Open Aug. 13- Sept. 28, Thursday-Monday
- Marine Area 10: Open July 12-Sept. 7, Sunday/Monday only
- Marine Area 11: Open July 12-Sept. 7, Sunday/Monday only
- Marine Area 12 (Hood Canal) north of a line projected true east from Ayock Point: Open July 2-Sept. 7, Thursday-Monday
The following areas are closed this season to promote Dungeness crab population recovery:
- Marine Area 12 (Hood Canal) south of a line projected true east from Ayock Point.
- Marine Area 13 (South Puget Sound)
Puget Sound Crabbing Rules:
- Daily limit is five (5) Dungeness crab, males only
- Minimum carapace width of 6-1/4"
- Crab fishers may not set or pull shellfish gear from a vessel from one hour after official sunset to one hour before official sunrise.
- Crabbers are required to record their harvest on their catch record cards immediately after retaining the crab and before re-deploying the trap.
Always check the WDFW crab-fishing website for season updates and closures.