Open Recreational Halibut Fishing in Marine Areas 3 and 4
According to the WDFW there is sufficient quota to immediately open additional days for the sport halibut fishery beginning Thursday, June 27 and Saturday, June 29 in Marine Area 3 (La Push) and Marine Area 4 (Neah Bay). Adding these additional days will provide Washington sport halibut anglers the opportunity to catch the remaining sport quota.
Summary of open sport halibut days for all marine areas.
Marine Area 1:
- All-depth: Open Thursday, June 20.
- Nearshore: Open seven days per week.
Marine Area 2:
- Open Thursday, June 20.
Marine Areas 3 and 4:
- Open Thursday, June 20; Saturday, June 22; Thursday, June 27; and Saturday, June 29
Puget Sound (MA 5-10):
- Open Thursday, June 20; Saturday, June 22; Thursday, June 27; and Saturday, June 29.
Marine Area 5:
- It is permissible for halibut anglers to retain Pacific cod caught while fishing for halibut in waters deeper than 120 feet on days that halibut fishing is open. Lingcod season is closed in Marine Area 5.
- Retention of lingcod and Pacific cod seaward of 120 feet is not permitted on halibut days in Marine Areas 6-10.
- Marine Areas 11-13 are closed
Marine Areas 1-10:
- Daily bag limit of 1 halibut per angler, with no minimum size limit. Annual limit of 4. All catch must be recorded on WDFW catch record card. Possession limits remain the same.
Always check current conditions and season updates at the Washington Department of Fishing & Wildlife website: https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing